JUNE 9, 2021
Some nice catches have been coming out all week. Many sizeable trout 3 pounds and more have been caught on inflated night crawlers, pinched crawlers and garlic power bait. The hot spots have been all around the lake and especially South Shore and the Inlet.
The weather has been a bit warmer and the fish have gone a little deeper. Going down to around 30 to 40 feet has been productive for trolling and bait fishing.
Notable catches this week include:
- Alexis caught a 2.5 pounder on the South Shore using power bait
- Chenito from Torrance caught a 3 ½ lbs. beauty on a night crawler at the Inlet.
- Pat from Corona brought in a nice one at 3 ¼ lbs. on hatchery power bait on South Shore.
- Scott from Santa Clarita got a 2.0 lbs. on orange power bait on South Shore.
- Kevin from Mission Viejo caught a monster 4.0 lbs. on a white mini jig at the Inlet.
- Elisa from Torrance got two matching 2 ½ lbs. on South Shore with hot pink power bait and salmon eggs.
- Rick from Fountain Valley pulled in a lunker at 3 ¼ lbs. on chartreuse power bait on North Shore.
- Travis from Acton used a pinched crawler and got a 2 ¼ lbs. fish at the Inlet.
- Brian caught a big one at 4.0 lbs. on South Shore with an inflated night crawler.
- Andy from Hemet caught the biggest lunker, 5 ¾ lbs. on power bait on South Shore.
- Harley and Garrett from El Cajon both brought in beauties at 3 lbs. 12 oz, 3 lbs. 14 oz. on power worms at South Shore.
The lake is fully stocked and we are looking forward to having you come up and catching your own lunkers. It is a great time to stay in the Sierras.