FISH REPORT 10/15/2021
It has been quite the weather week here at Convict. We started the week with wind and snow and crashing waves out on the lake. The weather has settled down and the fishing has been great.
The cooler temperatures have moved the fish into shallower water and closer to shore. The late season trout fishing is going strong. We have had many 3-to-5-pound fish being caught on inflated night crawlers, garlic power bait in green, yellow and rainbow colors, and also pinched crawlers. Pink and white Mice Tails, Red and Gold Thomas Buoyants, and the Bloody Ripper Tasmanian Devil have brought in some big catches.
Amazing catches this week include:
- JJ had a great time on the lake with two big catches. He got a 3 ¼ lbs. & a 3 ¾ lbs. trout using garlic power bait on South Shore.
- Bobby from Temecula brought in a 4 lbs. beauty on a night crawler on South Shore.
- Alex from Orange reeled in a 3 ¾ lbs. rainbow on a night crawler on South Shore.
- David from Arkansas can go home and tell his friends about the 3 ¾ lbs. trout he caught on salmon peach power bait on South Shore.
- Peggy from Albuquerque, New Mexico caught a 19 ½ inch, 3 ½ lbs. lunker on green garlic power bait on South Shore.
- Shane from Palmdale also caught a 3 ½ lbs. rainbow on garlic power bait on South Shore.
- Jim from Santa Maria had the big catch for the week with a beefy 6 ¼ lbs. using Gulp Pinched Crawlers at the Outlet.
- Khan from Anaheim used garlic power bait and caught a 3 ½ lbs. trout on South Shore.
- Robert from San Diego reeled in a 4 lbs. rainbow using a white body – pink head Mice Tail on North Shore.
- Mike from Camarillo used white power bait on South Shore to catch a 3 ¾ lbs. beauty.
- An angler, “Raider Fan” sent us a picture of his 5 lbs. catch that he brought in using 2 lbs. test. That was quite the catch!
The weather this coming week should be ideal for the prime fall fishing season. Daytime temps will range from the low 60’s with sunny to mostly sunny skies. Nighttime lows will be in the 20’s. Better bring your warm PJ’s!
We hope you will come on up and the see the fall colors before they are gone. The marina is open daily for your boating enjoyment.