Many sizeable trout have come out of the lake this week. The best hint for all of you anglers is to go out early or late and go down deep and slow.
The fish seem to be interested in inflated night crawlers, Pinched Crawlers, garlic power bait, and Mice Tails. Those who prefer to use lures, try the Red and Gold Thomas Buoyant and Kastmasters.
The weather next week is supposed to be sunny with high temps in the low 80’s and lows at night in the low 40’s. Sounds like fine days to be out on the lake.
Ambush at the Lake Derby starts on Friday, August 27th and will continue for the remainder of the fishing season. Register in the store. The $16 fee includes an annual pin and a 14 inch ruler. Catch one 14 inch fish and be in the drawing of over $6000 in prizes. Ambush T-shirts are on sale in the store and online.
Notable catches this week include:
- April from Monterey Park used green garlic power bait to bring in a 3 ½ lbs. trout on South Shore.
- Anthony and his grandpa, George, from San Diego brought in some beauties using 2 lb. test. They did a great job!
- Jim from Hacienda Heights scored big with 4 trophy size rainbows. It was his lucky day!
- Howard, 86 years old, from Reno used rainbow power bait to reel in a 3 lbs. lunker at the Inlet on a boat.
- Kayleigh from Carlsbad caught a 3 pounder on green garlic power bait.
- Roger, Steve and Don (not pictured) from Oakley caught a combined stringer of 6 ½ lbs.
What a week!
The store hours have changed to Sunday through Thursday 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM and Friday and Saturday 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
The Marina hours are now 6:30 AM to 7:00 PM