FISH REPORT 9/23/21
HOORAY! WE ARE OPEN AND THE FISHING IS GREAT!
After being closed for 2 weeks due to the closure of the Inyo National Forest, the lake is now **OPEN** and the trout are hungry!
The weather has definitely gotten cooler so the fish are coming up from the deeper water. The trout seem to like the cooler weather with many trophy size rainbows being caught this week.
The best bait has remained the same with the green garlic power bait, rainbow power bait, and inflated night crawlers. We had a big 4 pounder brought in on a Kastmaster.
Notable catches this week include:
- Carol from Torrance caught the biggest beauty weighing in at 5 ¼ lbs. on a night crawler. Wow, what a catch!
- Dan and Kim from Tehachapi brought in a big one using a Kastmaster.
- Jim from Taft used green garlic power bait and caught a 2 ¾ lbs. trout that also qualified him for the drawing of the Ambush Derby.
- JW sent us pics of his big catch. Thanks for sharing.
- Scott from Temple City scored a 4 ¼ lbs. rainbow on the light green garlic power bait on South Shore.
- 87 year old, Lurline and her son from Los Angeles had quite the stringer with a 5 lbs., 4 lbs., and two 3 lbs. This will be a fishing trip they will remember.
We will be stocking the lake again this coming week with the big trophy trout from Desert Spring Trout Farm in Oregon.
Just a reminder, the Ambush at the Lake Derby is still going on through Nov. 15th. Sign up in the store. The “Ambush” t-shirts are available in the store and online.
The Aspen Grill hours have changed. It is now open Friday, Saturday & Sunday from 9 AM to 2 PM for breakfast and lunch.
The store hours have also changed:
- Monday – Thursday 8 AM to 6 PM.
- Friday 8 AM to 7 PM
- Saturday 7 AM to 7 PM
- Sunday 7 AM to 6 PM
The restaurant is open nightly for dinner with the lounge opening at 5 PM and serving dinner at 5:30 PM. Reservations are required for the dining room. Pizza is being served in the lounge
Cabins are available and it is the perfect time to come see the aspen trees turn their magnificent colors.
PLEASE COME ON US AND SEE US – WE HAVE MISSED YOU.