FISH REPORT MAY 26, 2021
MAY 26, 2021
Anglers who were brave enough to take on SNOW and strong winds early in the week were bringing in their limits on night crawlers and Berkley garlic power bait. The weather was wonderful later in the week and lunkers were pulled out with mini jigs and salmon peach and yellow power bait. The action was all around the lake especially North Shore and South Shore.
- Tamara from Fresno, CA caught the biggest whopper an 8.1 lbs. beauty on a mini jig on South Shore.
- Joseph from Cyprus, CA caught 4 ½ lbs. nice one on a night crawler on North Shore.
- R. from San Gabriel, CA had a fine catch of a 3 lbs. on power bait on North Shore
- Khachig from Duarte, CA caught a 1 ¼ lbs. rainbow.
Both J.R. & Khachig are in the Round-Up Derby and they are now qualified to be in the final drawing.
- Janet from Las Vegas used a night crawler to a bring in a 3 pounder on North Shore.
- The Llamas Family came up from San Fernando, CA and caught enough for a big fish fry for dinner using salmon peach power bait on South Shore.
- Olivia, Jason, Steve and family had some fun and had a great stringer of fish.
The lake was stocked twice last week and we will be stocking it again twice this week with big ones from Oregon. The Hangman’s Bonus Derby Weekend is this coming weekend. We will stock 10 tagged fish with a value of $2000. There will be (1) $1000 tag, (1) $500 tag, (2) $100 tags, and (6) $50 tags. You must be entered into the Round-Up at the Lake Derby to be eligible to redeem the tags. The tagged fish must be presented to Convict Lake Store the day it is caught and the tag must be intact. To enter the derby the fee is $16 and you can sign up in the store. The Round-Up Derby will continue until June 13, 2021. Catch one 14-inch fish and you will be qualified to enter into the drawing of $6000 in prizes.
For those who are eager to get out there really early in the morning, the store will have new hours starting on Friday, May 29th. We will be open daily at 6:00 AM. Closing times will remain the same, Monday through Saturday 8:00 PM and on Sunday 7:00 PM.
COME ON AND SEE US, WE’RE SO EXCITED SUMMER IS ON THE WAY!