Fishing was excellent again this week at Convict Lake. With the warmer weather, the trout are going deeper. Anglers are getting better results by fishing around first light and again around dusk. Trout are most active when the sunlight is weakest. Inflated night crawlers and garlic power bait are still doing the job. If you aren’t getting a bite, try mixing up colors, patterns and sizes of different lures.
Good News: We stocked the lake this week with 600 lbs. of big ones from Desert Springs Trout Farm
The weather this coming week will be a bit cooler than last week. Most days will be sunny with highs in the low 80’s. Night time lows will be in the high 40’s. Thunderstorms don’t look to be a problem this coming week.
Big catches this week include:
- Logan and his dad, Stephen, caught a 3 ½ lbs. beauty with green garlic power bait on South Shore.
- Cynthia and Matt brought in a 2 ¼ lbs. rainbow on power bait and salmon eggs.
- Braydon, 11 years old from Ojai, did a masterful job catching a nice one on salmon eggs on the North Shore.
- Dan and his dad from Austin, Texas caught some lunkers on South Shore with night crawlers. These weighed 2 ¾ lbs. and 3 ½ lbs.
- Gerald from Lake Forest, CA had a great day by bringing in a 4 lbs. and 3 ½ lbs. trout with night crawlers on South Shore.
The Hayashi/Deming Annual Fishing Trip was a big success. They caught some beauties.