FISH REPORT NOV. 11 2021
Other resorts and lakes have closed for the season, but we are open and going strong. We are here for all you end-of-the-season trout fishing enthusiasts.
In honor of Veterans Day, we want to thank all of you who have served our country. We appreciate all that you have done and continue to do. You are the best of the best!
Fish are definitely coming up from the deeper water. South Shore around the picnic area has been a hot spot, as well as, North Shore around the old Hangman’s Tree.
Night crawlers, pinched crawlers, garlic power bait in various colors continue to be the baits pulling in the big ones.
Big catches this week include:
- Chelsie from Grass Valley pulled in a 4 ¾ lbs., 21 ½ inch lunker using garlic cheese and corn power bait on South Shore.
- Eric from Victorville used salmon eggs on South Shore to snag a 2 ¼ lbs. rainbow on South Shore.
- James from Alpine was at the Inlet and caught a nice 1 lbs. trout on garlic power bait.
- Ron from Santa Clarita brought in a 2 ½ lbs. rainbow using orange power eggs on South Shore by the picnic area.
- Sue from Big Bear had a fantastic day by catching 3 beauties weighing 5 lbs. 5 lbs., and 5 ½ lbs. on power bait. WOW!
- Greg pulled in a whopper at 4 ¾ lbs. on a night crawler on South Shore.
- John and Mark from San Diego had a total of 18 lbs. of rainbows. They were definitely excited about their 4 ½ lbs., 5 lbs., and 3 ¾ lbs. lunkers caught on garlic power bait on North Shore.
We have 5 more days to catch the big trout this season and to be in the Ambush at the Lake Derby.
Here is a bit of Resort News for you.
With the time change we have new store hours. The store is open Sunday through Thursday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Friday and Saturday hours are 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
The Aspen Grill is closed for the winter. Luis and his famous breakfast burritos will be back for the new 2022 trout season.
The marina is open daily from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Book your reservations to get the pontoon of your choice. Call the office or book online. 760-934-3800 ext. 1
The Restaurant at Convict Lake will be closing for dinner after November 15th and will reopen on Wed. Nov. 24th the day before Thanksgiving.
It will be open for a special Thanksgiving dinner. RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED for THANKSGIVING DAY. MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS EARLY BECAUSE IT SELLS OUT FAST!
The restaurant will close again after Thanksgiving weekend on Nov. 29th and reopen on Dec. 16th and remain open for the rest of the year.
With just a few more days for this fishing season we welcome all of you to come up and throw your line out in the water. The trout are definitely hungry and looking for a tasty treat.